Since 2009, Partnerë për Fëmijët has worked extensively on improving the inclusion of children into society and particularly into education and health services but also on capacity building for of professionals to effectively work with vulnerable children and families increasing their resilience and ability to cope with life’s challenges.
Projects have included:
- Raising professionals’ health, education and child protection capacities to assess and work effectively with children with disabilities and their families;
- Raising the level of information and knowledge of adults, families and communities on the issues of foster care and the needs of young children to grow and develop in family homes;
- Strengthening the skills and methods of professionals;
- Supporting peer to peer activities with children ;
- working and training multi-disciplinary groups to develop individual care or education plans ; empowering young people with disabilities to conduct research and advocate for access to local services.